An Agriculture Hub was established in 2008 to provide a catalyst for greater commercialisation and diversification of agriculture, providing an environment to encourage, facilitate and support a viable and economically sustainable agricultural sector, producing quality agricultural products for local, national and international markets.
Projects and initiatives currently forming part of the hub:
- National Agricultural Master Plan for Arable Agriculture and Dairy Development (NAMPAADD)
- Proposed Zambezi Integrated Agro-Commercial Development Project (ZIACDP)
- Agricultural Infrastructural Development Initiative (AIDI)
- Establishment of Agricultural Service Centres (ASC as part of ISPAAD and NAMPAADD)
- Establishment of the Contributory Agricultural Insurance Scheme in Botswana (BCAIS)
- Establishment of State Farms around dams and sewage ponds (arable and horticultural)
- Restructuring of Banyana Ranch and other state owned ranches for the cattle industry
For more information on the Agriculture Hub and its services contact +267 3689092.