Botswana is stable, peaceful, and transparent
- We have been at peace since our birth as an independent, sovereign nation in 1966;
- We have zero tolerance for corruption, and we boast of a sound legal system and adherence to the rule of law;
- We have been consistently rated as the least corrupt country in Africa by Transparency International.
Botswana is committed to sound fiscal policy, economic freedom and has a steady and dramatic growth rate
- We are ranked as the world’s second most attractive investment location by New York University’s Altman’s Baseline Profitability Index (BPI);
- We have the highest sovereign credit rating, and were named the 2nd Freest Economy in Africa;
- We have one of the fastest growth rates in per capita income in the world.
Botswana opens the door to a massive market
- We provide investors with preferential access to the Southern African Development Community’s (SADC) entire marketplace – over 230 million people;
- We open up duty-free access to South Africa, Namibia, Lesotho and Swaziland;
- We provide duty-free and quota-free access to the European Union (EU) market.
The quality of Botswana’s workforce is second to none in Africa
- The workforce is well educated-- 82% are literate-- and most speak English;
- There are no labor tensions;
- Our people are peaceful and responsible, and the different communities maintain harmonious relations.
The Government of Botswana wants to make your investment work for you
- We have no foreign exchange controls or restrictions on business ownership;
- Taxes are very low - 15% for corporations and 25% for individuals;
- We allow remittance and full repatriation of profits and dividends;
- Duty-free import of machinery and equipment for manufacturing purposes.
Botswana is committed to continued growth
- We are consistently investing in new and improved core infrastructure such as power plants, fiber-optic networks, roads, railways and international banking institutions;
- We are establishing ourselves as centre for innovation, including R&D via the Botswana Innovation Hub.